District Promoter of Historic Parkrose
TITLE: District Promoter
BENEFITS: Flexible work schedule
HOURS: 10-20 hours/week Monday-Friday, Occasional Nights/Weekends, temporary
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to Info@HistoricParkrose.com by February 3rd, 2019
● Coordinate and implement innovative marketing campaigns that support business and property owners, and various organizations in our district including promoting our storefront improvement grant, business technical support, property development and lease opportunities; business attraction and retention; public safety and infrastructure improvements; small business development initiatives; and other economic development
● Develop innovative marketing materials to promote businesses in our district to ensure public exposure and attract shoppers and consumers through storytelling, press release, print publication, social media, e-newsletters, and direct mail campaigns
● Assist in developing, designing, utilizing, and monitoring district promotion programs; help with grant writing to secure funding to be used for print media such as signage, postcards, banners, etc.
● Create and promote various industry themed district-specific marketing events, track and analyze event results
● Other administrative
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: five years of professional experience in social media marketing, graphic design, business promotion, event promotion, or a related field.
● Must be from Parkrose Neighborhood and is familiar with Neighborhood Prosperity
● Must be a business owner and operates in the district
● Has creative, artistic background
● Must be involved with NPI programs and also has experience serving on the board of sister organizations such as Venture Portland
● Passion for neighborhood businesses and business districts
● Has served Historic Parkrose on various volunteer capacity previously
● Must be familiar with and has experience planning Taste of Parkrose and other district specific events
● Excellent communication skills including public speaking, material production and writing, editing and proofreading; knowledge of design software is a must
Historic Parkrose an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change.
Historic Parkrose is committed to the growth and preservation of the Historic Parkrose Business District and its surrounding neighborhood. We promote economic growth and community building through engagement of our neighbors. We celebrate and respect our unique diversity and are focused on our future while remembering our historic past. Historic Parkrose offers storefront improvement grants, technical assistance and support to businesses located in our target area of 99th to 121st on Sandy Blvd. We curate community events like The Taste of Parkrose and support other associations working to enrich Parkrose, like
the PNA & PBA.
11036 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97220